Architecture tour of the Czech Republic
Admire the different architectural styles presented by specialized guides in this tour that will show you the beauties of the country from an architecture angle
DAY 1: arrival
– arrival to Prague, meet your guide at the airport, transfer to your hotel, check-in. In the afternoon/evening walk through the Prague Old Town – entry to the Astronomic Tower of the Old Town Hall
DAY 2: Prague historical
– full day tour of Prague focused on the musts
– start by bus from hotel for little panoramic tour finished up on the Prague Castle (places seen the Dancing House, the National Museum, the National Theatre)
– sightseeing of Prague Castle (inside visit), Strahov Monastery Library (inside visit), lunch, in the afternoon walk down the Castle hill, cross the Charles Bridge and tour of the Jewish Town of Prague
DAY 3: Prague functionalist and modernist
– this morning let’s focus on Czech architecture of the beginning of 20th century in the district of Prague 6. We will visit the Villa Muller – the best functionalist villa in Prague and walk through the Baba settlement – a colony of great functionalism villas on the hill overlooking Prague
– after lunch we will spend most of the time within the borders of the New Town of Prague
– walk through the Wenceslas Square –the „shopwindow“ of 19th-20th century architecture in Prague (you can see almost all architectonic styles here from neo-renaissance, neo-classicism, art nouveau, through constructivism, functionalism, socialist realism, architecture of 60ties, etc.).
– the Prague passageways – this very typical feature of Prague New Town that is hidden for many visitors. See one of the few remaining working „paternoster“ lift.
– cubism in Prague – some of the most important cubist architecture pieces, eg. the The House of the Black Mother
DAY 4: Litomyšl
– time to get out of Prague for a while. Check out and travel to Litomyšl (UNESCO), approx. 2hrs drive. This historical eastern Bohemian town is probably the most progressive one in terms of symbiosis of historical and modern architecture. Check the Renaissance Chateau that is inscribed in UNESCO list, visit some of the local museums and galleries and check some great examples of modern architecture here as well. E.g. the indoor swimming pool, the reconstruction of the Church of the Finding of the Holy Cross, the bus terminal, etc.
– in the afternoon continue to Brno, the 2nd largest city in the country.
DAY 5: Brno + wine
– enjoy the city tour of Brno with its modern astronomical clock and Villa Tugendhat (UNESCO) – the finest example of functionalism in the country
– in the afternoon we recommend driving some 30mins out of Brno to reach the Moravian Wine Region – evening with wine tasting and folklore music in local wine cellar. Enroute in Brno we can pass by the highest Czech building AZ tower (finished in 2014)
DAY 6: Castles
– this morning check out and drive back to Prague
– enroute we will visit two important historical castles of your choice. Those may be Pernštejn, Lipnice, Konopiště Chateau, Karlštejn Castle, or some other.
DAY 7: departure
Feel free to contact us about “Architecture oriented tour“
Customised programs in Prague and the Czech Republic are our game
We provide complete incoming services, conference management, incentive programs and team building in Prague and the Czech Republic. While covering both business and leisure tours, we successfully cooperate with international tour operators and travel agencies, corporate clients and groups of tourists, but also demanding individual travelers.
Get inspired by our other packages
Poker Night and Casino
Historical Steam Train
Jewish heritage tour
Hi Jana! Thank you so much for your kind follow-up… Hope to be able to do business with you and your company soon!!! 😉
Pilgrim group to the Czech Republic, April 2015
I like really your service Jana, very efficient!
I mean it! thank you!
Private tour to Eastern Europe, April 2016
Another very good feedback from these clients for their driver:
„But since we are on the email, you may like to know and convey our appreciation to our Czech driver for the Salzburg-Czesky Krumlov segments. We all found him to be a very careful ,considerate and safe driver. He helped to make that long road trip very comfortable and enjoyable for us.“
He is our unsung silent hero ! The family are very well travelled and if they make it a point to raise this up, I’m sure he is indeed a star ! Please convey our sincerest THANK YOU to him and please let him know the family thank him and comment him very well for his service !
I think I want to use him for all MY future VIPs booking 🙂