Admire the different architectural styles presented by specialized guides in this tour that will show you the beauties of the country from an architecture angle
DAY 1: arrival
– arrival to Prague, meet your guide at the airport, transfer to your hotel, check-in. In the afternoon/evening walk through the Prague Old Town – entry to the Astronomic Tower of the Old Town Hall
DAY 2: Prague historical
– full day tour of Prague focused on the musts
– start by bus from hotel for little panoramic tour finished up on the Prague Castle (places seen the Dancing House, the National Museum, the National Theatre)
– sightseeing of Prague Castle (inside visit), Strahov Monastery Library (inside visit), lunch, in the afternoon walk down the Castle hill, cross the Charles Bridge and tour of the Jewish Town of Prague
DAY 3: Prague functionalist and modernist
– this morning let’s focus on Czech architecture of the beginning of 20th century in the district of Prague 6. We will visit the Villa Muller – the best functionalist villa in Prague and walk through the Baba settlement – a colony of great functionalism villas on the hill overlooking Prague
– after lunch we will spend most of the time within the borders of the New Town of Prague
– walk through the Wenceslas Square –the „shopwindow“ of 19th-20th century architecture in Prague (you can see almost all architectonic styles here from neo-renaissance, neo-classicism, art nouveau, through constructivism, functionalism, socialist realism, architecture of 60ties, etc.).
– the Prague passageways – this very typical feature of Prague New Town that is hidden for many visitors. See one of the few remaining working „paternoster“ lift.
– cubism in Prague – some of the most important cubist architecture pieces, eg. the The House of the Black Mother
DAY 4: Litomyšl
– time to get out of Prague for a while. Check out and travel to Litomyšl (UNESCO), approx. 2hrs drive. This historical eastern Bohemian town is probably the most progressive one in terms of symbiosis of historical and modern architecture. Check the Renaissance Chateau that is inscribed in UNESCO list, visit some of the local museums and galleries and check some great examples of modern architecture here as well. E.g. the indoor swimming pool, the reconstruction of the Church of the Finding of the Holy Cross, the bus terminal, etc.
– in the afternoon continue to Brno, the 2nd largest city in the country.
DAY 5: Brno + wine
– enjoy the city tour of Brno with its modern astronomical clock and Villa Tugendhat (UNESCO) – the finest example of functionalism in the country
– in the afternoon we recommend driving some 30mins out of Brno to reach the Moravian Wine Region – evening with wine tasting and folklore music in local wine cellar. Enroute in Brno we can pass by the highest Czech building AZ tower (finished in 2014)
DAY 6: Castles
– this morning check out and drive back to Prague
– enroute we will visit two important historical castles of your choice. Those may be Pernštejn, Lipnice, Konopiště Chateau, Karlštejn Castle, or some other.
DAY 7: departure